How to Kill Cold & Infection-Causing Germs Naturally: Homemade Antibacterial Disinfecting Room Spray
Frugally Sustainable, 29 September 2013
A cold and flu preventative.
This antibacterial, disinfecting spray contains many germ-killing botanicals and essential oils that have been used historically to treat a variety of infections and diseases.
To shorten the duration of someone’s illness — or prevent it all together – I keep the ingredients for this spray handy all year round…spraying it throughout the home whenever necessary.
Pure Air Disinfecting Spray
- 2 (60 ml) fluid ounces witch hazel
- 1 1/2 fluid ounces (45 ml) ounces pure water
- 1/2 fluid ounces (15 ml) colloidal silver
- 10 drops ravensara essential oils
- 5 drops lavender essential oils
- 3 drops tea tree essential oils
- 3 drops thyme essential oils
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) thyme extract, optional
- Add all ingredients to glass bottle, cap, and shake well to combine.
- Label with name, date, and contents. Use within a year of making.
Shake well before use. Spray generously in the air around the sick, to the body, and on bed linens. During travel, Pure Air may also be used to disinfect the hotel room or airplane. Spray on hands to disinfect when soap and water are unavailable.
Pure Air is a highly effective, safe, all-natural, chemical-free antibacterial room, body, and linen spray. It is a germ-killing disinfectant and acts as an air-borne virucide…perfect for use during illness or to prevent it.
For an added antiseptic punch, you may substitute thyme, lavender, rose, or tea tree hydrosol (flower water) for the water.
Where Can I Get This Stuff?
Mountain Rose Herbs…they have everything you’ll need for this remedy! It’s your one-stop-shop!
Starwest Botanicals also has a beautiful selection of Bulk Herbs and Natural Products for Healthy, Natural Living!
The Bulk Herb Store carries many of these ingredients if you’d like to price check.