Music by The Refusers

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Honor Joe By Hearing His Story - No GMO For Joe Day


Foto: "My story includes some things that might upset some people, I’m sorry if it does, but it’s the truth. I am sharing some very personal things with you because I am real and the effects of GMOs on my life have been profound. If GMOs were labeled it might have saved my son’s life. It all started about three years ago in the fall of 2010, around Thanksgiving, when our son was 22 years old..."

READ DIANE'S STORY: http://scoopwithmysoup.com/about-me/

#NoGMOforJoe #gmo #labelgmos #boycottgmos #bangmos #NeedToKnowGMO #ScoopWithMySoup #gmofreecanada #gmofreeusa


 About Me:

My story includes some things that might upset some people, I’m sorry if it does, but it’s the truth.  I am sharing some very personal things with you because I am real and the effects of GMOs on my life have been profound.  If GMOs were labeled it might have saved my son’s life.

It all started about three years ago in the fall of 2010, around Thanksgiving, when our son was 22 years old.  He had moved back in with my husband and I almost three years before.  He told me he was having gastrointestinal problems, predominately diarrhea that didn’t seem to be going away.  At first I thought it was a possible intestinal virus that would clear up on it’s own.  I encouraged him to drink lots of fluids and started asking him about what he had been eating.

After the Christmas holidays had come and gone, Joe wasn’t doing any better.  I had cleaned out my refrigerator of anything that had expired.  Hubby did some maintenance on our dishwasher and I even temporarily hand washed all the dishes.  Nothing seemed to help.

After the beginning of the new year, Joe went into the doctor’s to find out what was causing his malady.  Test results for bacterial, viral or parasites were done and everything showed up “normal”. 

It was anything but.

I hadn’t heard about GMOs, nor did I know much about what was being done to our food.  I wish I knew then, what I know now and that is what compels me to share this with you.  However, I didn’t learn about GMOs until much later in my story.

On March 4, 2011, it was Joe’s 23rd birthday and it was also the day he took his own life.

I did a tribute to Joe, one week after his memorial service.  In Memory of Joe show notes share Joe’s picture and the credits for the music used in the tribute.  It was a special edition of my podcast, Ba Ba Blacksheep.

To read the entire article and to hear the memorial audio for Joe,  please click on the link provided  below:

In Memory of Joe

Source:

What's The Scoop With My Soup?
 

No comments: